To help people project their release dates in the Federal Bureau of Prisons, we’ve built a calculator. By inputing the simple known information below, our calculator will compute dates on the back end and send results within minutes to the email you provide.
The inputs you provide will result in several projected dates, including:
- Projected Release Date 0 (PRD-0):
- This projected date would be the worst case, given the inputs you provided.
- Projected Release Date 1 (PRD-1):
- This projected date would include statutory good time, along with your jail-time credit, given the inputs you provided.
- Projected Release Date 2 (PRD-2):
- This projected date would include credits you would have received if you qualified for and successfully completed RDAP, given the inputs you provided.
- Projected Release Date 3 (PRD-3):
- This projected date would be far more subjective, because it would calculate your inputs for Earned Time Credit, also known as Federal Time Credits, per the First Step Act. We would encourage you to speak with a specialist, or participate in our weekly webinar to get a better understanding of how the Bureau of Prisons calculates Earned Time Credits in the region where you’re serving your sentence.
We offer this service with hopes that members of our community will use these projections as a guide to develop more comprehensive release plans. To learn more about release plans and building a record that will lead to the best possible outcome, participate in our interactive webinars by registering below: