My name is Michael Santos, and I’m a founder of Prison Professors. As such, readers follow along the journey quite easily by clicking the button below:
The back story is simply to follow and easy to document:
- I made bad decisions as a teenager.
- When I was 20 I began selling cocaine.
- In 1987 I went to federal prison and I served 26 years.
- While in prison I made a commitment to reconcile with society and to prepare for success.
- During my first decade, I earned an undergraduate degree and a master’s degree, then began building income streams while in prison.
- While serving 26 years in prison, I developed skills that would translate into success as a published author, investor, and businessman.
- Upon my release from prison, in 2013, I made a commitment to contribute to society and work toward building prosperity.
- Within five years, I built digital courses that I sold to prison systems across the United States. More than 100,000 people each year went through our programs.
- Within five years of my release from prison, I built a portfolio of real estate assets valued at more than $5 million.
- In 2020, I settled a federal lawsuit that cost me nearly $5 million in assets, and $3 million in equity.
- In 2020, I recalibrated, rebuilt, and resumed a pathway to acquire more than $1 million in assets.