Maximum-Security Prisons to Real Estate Opportunities
Joshua Leese served more than a decade locked inside several maximum-security prisons. While in his cell, staff members gave him tablet-like devices that featured videos that our team at Prison Professors offers.
We’re grateful to have an opportunity to share these stories with people in jails and prisons across America. More than 100,000 people in jails and prisons go through our programs. Our team gets a real thrill when people like Joshua return to society and tell us how the positive messages gave them hope.
Within days of getting out of prison, Joshua began sending messages. He wanted to connect. My schedule made it difficult for us to get time together. After a month, I called him back. During a brief call with Joshua, I learned more about his commitment to work toward building a career as a law-abiding, contributing citizen. He is already working a full-time job. He aspires to build a career in real estate.
In today’s video, Joshua discussed our Straight-A Guide program. At the conclusion, I gave him a task to complete. I’m hopeful that he succeeds in finding his pathway to a successful career.
The task could lead to a business opportunity for Joshua. We’ll offer updates as Joshua sends them. Today’s task required Joshua to accomplish the following tasks:
- Identify a few real estate properties that he thought had promise.
- Describe the price it would take to acquire the asset.
- Provide an estimate of how much it would cost to improve the asset.
- Provide an estimate of timelines it would take to improve the asset.
- Provide an estimate of how much the asset would generate in rental income after improvements.
We’ll film a follow up interview when Joshua completes the task.